Monday, March 28, 2011

Time to change the routine.

I have been maintaining 215 to 220 lbs for weeks. I have switched up my exercise routines. rested. worked out hard. Done my fasting. I am of the opinion its time for another shock to my body to get going again. Until now I have been eating my exercise calories. I'm no longer going to that. I am also adjusting my calorie intake to 1250 calories a day. This seems to be the lowest any one person can sustain a day and still be considered healthy and stay out of the starvation mode our bodies would go into if you eat 500 or so calories a day. This will also be hard to maintain with the 150 to 200 grams of protein I'm supposed to be taking in a day. So my meal plan for the next few weeks is going to be: Protein shake morning, after noon, and night. snacks will be limited to canned chicken and vegetables. I figure a couple of weeks of this to get the needle moving in the right direction. Also going to change up my exercise routine. Still struggling to get anything consistent in since I had the flu back in February. This is frustrating and prob a good part of why my weight loss has plateaued.

New Exercise routine
AM Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, and sat =  45 Min Vigorous Elliptical
AM Wed and Sunday - Yoga

PM The return of POWER 90! Sweat and Strength training 3 and 4. I'm going to concentrate on the strength training portion this go around more weight and reps. Going a little lighter on cardio days since I will be on the elliptical as well.

I'm giving this three weeks in this routine and then reevaluate.

No comments:

Post a Comment