Saturday, December 18, 2010

My brain says yes you can while my body is laughing at me.

So, I have been doing this for four days. Yeah yeah I know still early. But, I already have strained my ankle. When I went for my first run I don't think I should have gone in those old tennis shoes I have had for over a year. No support at all, not to mention 80+ extra pounds coming down on them. So now I am going to have to heal the ankle. In the mean time I am clearing the way to my elliptical. Until I lose a lot more weight and can afford a new pair of shoes I am going to have to hold off on the actual running. It saddens me cause I felt exhilarated after the run and felt great all day afterwards. The elliptical will have to do for now.

Almost over my cold, I actually believe the change in what I eat and exercise has made me feel better and get over this cold faster than any other.  This to me is most important as I want to limit how often I have been getting sick. This year alone I was sick with some sort of cold every month of the year and sometimes twice. I am done with that as well and think this will help with that.

The online / itunes Loseit (www.loseit.com) application is a great help. I did not want to track my calories everyday by hand in a journal. This application puts it all in a nice and neat format. It is very user friendly.  The forums are very good and full of great information from people all over. The social network is integrated well but could be better. Anyone thinking of losing weight should do themselves a favor and at least look at it. If you are in good shape but can not seem to get rid of that last bit this program has a way of helping for that as well, by giving you the daily allowances you need to eat in order for your body to function properly and not go into some kind of starvation mode.

My sugar addiction is still there but well under control now on day four.  I thought this would be the hardest part.  Not so much.  I know I am going to beat this addiction and getting it done. :-) The hardest part so far is exercising. I am so far out of shape its ridiculous. I thought all the conditioning I did when I was a teenager would just KICK IN sort of speak, yeah not so much. Light exercise is hard now, I cant even begin to think what Power 90 and then P90x/P90x+ is going to be like. I know now that I really need to shed some weight so as not to injure myself during these workouts. Its almost like a bad dichotomy. My brain says yes you can, and my body is laughing at me.

Tomorrow is weight in day and  picture day.  I wanted to take before pictures and forgot. Its early enough that it should still be a great influence and motivator for me. I am also going to measure all the different parts of my body to keep track of on a spreadsheet. The goal is still the same, feel great, look great, and be here for my family as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment